It has just dawned on me that I put absolutely no effort into my signature. It doesn’t look like cursive. I don’t even try, honestly. It’s been this way for a while, though, so I doubt anything will change.
The plus side? Anyone who actually forges my signature as a name is going to be painfully obvious.
In case you wanted to try it for yourself, here’s the 411 straight from the horse’s mouth.
Don’t write my name in cursive. Don’t you dare.
I would never do this. Try this, instead.
- Draw a hump (or two, there’s room for creative license) to create that first N.
- Follow it up with some squiggly lines.
- Break up the first and last name with a space
- Draw another hump or two for that M.
- Finish up with some squigglies that end, more or less, in a straight line.
- Pull it all together with a superscript dot somewhere over the first “word.” Alternatively, you can throw a cross (stem) somewhere over one of the squiggles in the second name. You must never under any circumstance do both. Got it?!