Ever since Windows Live aka MSN Messenger has incorporated that damned “SmartScreen” filter, clicking links has become more of a hassle. Any time your friend sends you a link to LOLcats? You have to click again. More recently, Microsoft updated this page to include something like four links, which point to Microsoft, and made the link to click over to your destination smaller. I don’t get it. And it pisses off Dez.
So I did some searching to find a solution.
- Click the “Safety” menu from the Command Bar in IE8 and above. If you see no button, right-click on any blank space to turn on the command bar.
- Hover over “SmartScreen Filter”.
- Choose the option to turn this off.
- Click a link from WLM.
- Click “More Info” on the SmartScreen Filter screen.
- Select “Don’t Show This Message Again.”